Back to all news

19th September 2019

Landlord’s Insurance – Right For You?

You might not be aware that we offer Landlord’s insurance too here at The Finance Roome. It is very different from your run of the mill buildings and contents. You might want to check that your current policy offers all this…..

  • Building cover up to £1,000,000 as standard
  • Contents cover options available from £10,000 to £50,000
  • Property Owners Liability cover
  • Up to £200,000 for alternative accommodation and loss of rent if the property becomes uninhabitable due to an insured event
  • Underwritten by a carefully selected group of the UK’s leading underwriters
  • RENT PROTECTION – you can add this, can claim up to £2,500 per month for rent arrears that might have accrued under the tenancy agreement. Up to a maximum of £250,000 a year. Also up to £100,000 legal fees for eviction etc;
  • Insurance premiums are usually based on rebuild cost but some Insurers do base costs on number of bedrooms only.



We have had a recent instance of a Landlord who insured online, nice and cheap, looking to save some money. His tenant left his house trashed…… and his cheap, money saving policy did not include malicious damage cover as standard. Oh dear. No money saved in fact the contrary was true.

If you would like us to look at your Landlord’s insurance, whether you rent out one property or you are a professional portfolio landlord, just call or email us. If it is adequate for your needs we will say so. If not you might like to look at what we can offer.

Ready to take the next step?


Ask us to call you

Speak to an advisor

Make an appointment